Google messageofdaday

A set of famous sayings together, quotes pictures

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Pete Sampras famous quotes collection


Few of great quotes from the former World No 1 tennis player Pete Sampras

“I let my racket do the talking. That's what I am all about, really. I just go out and win tennis matches.”

“I just had to hang in there and make sure I was dictating play,”

“The difference of great players is at a certain point in a match they raise their level of play and maintain it. Lesser players play great for a set, but then less.”

“Clay will be the toughest surface for Roger. If things go right, if the weather's right, I think he can win it.”
~ On Roger Federer

"When you retire you want to get as far away as possible from the game for a couple of years."

"You kind of live and die by the serve."

"People know me. I'm not going to produce any cartwheels out there. I'm not going to belong on Comedy Central. I'll always be a tennis player, not a celebrity."

"In tennis, you can make a couple of mistakes and still win. Not in golf. I played three rounds in that Tahoe event, and I was drained. Mentally, not physically."

"For so long people have just taken what I do for granted. It is not easy to do year-in, year-out, to win Grand Slams and be No. 1."

"There`s always one shot that I can rely on when I`m not hitting the ball that well, is my serve."

0 Comments: