Google messageofdaday

A set of famous sayings together, quotes pictures

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Famous quotes by Donald Bradman


Some of famous quotes from the Australian cricketer and the Cricket Legend Sir Donald Bradman


"I was never coached; I was never told how to hold a bat."

"If there is a threat to the game of cricket, that threat lies in the first class arena. One day cricket, especially day-night cricket, is here to stay."

Some of his sayings from his last interview in 1996

"Many cricketers who had more ability than I had, Why they didn't make more runs than I did, I don't know"

"Undoubtedly the best all-round cricketer I've ever set eyes on"
~ Sir Donald Bradman on West Indies' Gary Sobers

"The best thing that's happened to the game for many years"
~ Sir Donald Bradman on Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne

"Every ball went exactly where I wanted it to go until the ball that got me out"
~ On his 254 scored at Lord's

"I'm very sorry I made a duck, I'd have been glad if I'd made those four extra runs to have an average of 100. I didn't know it at the time and I don't think the Englishmen knew it either. I think if they had known it they may have been generous enough to let me get four"

"Of course that's rubbish. I was certainly emotional, but I wasn't that bad. But I was very sad walking out. I felt I'd let the people down"
~ Denying the question that he got out because of tears in his eyes

"Despite recent sad developments, cricket will survive and remain our most noble game and I shall always remain proud of the part I played in its history and development"
~ Bradman on match- fixing

"A good captain must be a fighter; confident but not arrogant, firm but not obstinate; able to take criticism without letting it unduly disturb him, for he is sure to get it - and unfairly, too,"

0 Comments: