Google messageofdaday

A set of famous sayings together, quotes pictures

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Famous sayings on appreciation


When you drink the water, remember the spring.
~ Chinese Saying

A man dies before we appreciate him.
~ Jabo (Liberia) Saying

When eating fruit, think of the person who planted the tree.
~ Vietnamese Saying

He who is carried on another's back does not appreciate how far the town is.
~ African Saying

What a wonderful life I've had! I only wish I'd realized it sooner.
~ Colette (1873-1954, French Writer)

I would rather be able to appreciate things I cannot have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.
~ Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915, American Editor, Publisher, Writer)

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think, I can't believe I'm here. This is so wonderful.
~ Leslie Darin (Historian)

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
~ William Davies (1871-1940, Welsh Poet, Writer, Tramp )

Don't be chary of appreciation. Hearts are unconsciously hungry for it.
~ Phillips Brooks (1835-1893, American Episcopal Cleric )

Appreciative words are the most powerful force for good on earth.
~ George W. Crane

0 Comments: