Google messageofdaday

A set of famous sayings together, quotes pictures

Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Square Root of 3 - Kumar Patel recitation















Kumar Patel: [reciting the poem 'The Square Root of 3'] in Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

The youtube clip can be found here

The poem:
I fear that I will always be
A lonely number like root three
A three is all that's good and right,
Why must my three keep out of sight
Beneath a vicious square root sign,
I wish instead I were a nine
For nine could thwart this evil trick,
with just some quick arithmetic
I know I'll never see the sun, as 1.7321
Such is my reality, a sad irrationality
When hark! What is this I see,
Another square root of a three
Has quietly come waltzing by,
Together now we multiply
To form a number we prefer,
Rejoicing as an integer
We break free from our mortal bonds
And with a wave of magic wands
Our square root signs become unglued
And love for me has been renewed.

0 Comments: