Google messageofdaday

A set of famous sayings together, quotes pictures

Friday, January 2, 2009

Diego Maradona famous quotes collection


Some of the famous quotes from the great footballer Diego Maradona

"When I wear the national team shirt, its sole contact with my skin makes it stand on an end" - Maradona on the excitement of playing for national team, Argentina

"Even if there was a hand, it was the hand of God." Diego Maradona, after scoring with his hand against England at World Cup '86

"The Lord helps those who help themselves."

"I've come to add something and not to take away anyone's position"

"I am calm, ... My surname is not a burden for me. It might be for others, but not for me."

"I did it with the hand of reason." Diego Maradona, after smashing a photographers car

"God makes me play well. That is why I always make the sign of the cross when I walk out onto the pitch. I feel I would be betraying him if I didn't."

"I was, I am and I always will be a drug addict. A person who gets involved in drugs has to fight it everyday" - Maradona, 1996, as part of Argentina's anti-drugs campaign.

"I had the vote of the people. Pele won by the book." - Maradona, leaving little doubt who he thinks deserved the FIFA award.

0 Comments: