Google messageofdaday

A set of famous sayings together, quotes pictures

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Brian Lara famous quotes collection



"I woke up at 4am with my hands sweating and couldn't get back to sleep. I've been batting the innings since then, and now it's finished I'm very happy."
(on scoring 375 vs England, Antigua 1994)

"In the past I often reacted to what I perceived to be the stresses of cricket by getting away from it and hanging out with friends. Instead of confronting problems, I would turn my back on them. Now I've realised I want to give cricket 100%."

"You can't play a patience game with them. They take command and like to take command and if you let them, they will."
(Lara on how to beat Australia Cricket Team)

"Sachin is a genius. I'm a mere mortal."
(Lara on Sachin)

"At this stage of his career it doesn't matter where Brian Lara bats. It's important that a guy stands up and wants to bat in that position. It's a pivotal position in any batting order and [Ramnaresh] Sarwan is one of the premier batsmen in our team. And if he puts up his hand and wants to do it, especially with low scores behind him, it shows a lot of character. And you're seeing the results of it all today."
(Lara during West Indies v India, 3rd Test, St Kitts, when he was asked why he didn't bat at No.3)

0 Comments: